O.K, folks. Here it is: the application that got tossed aside for an invitation to follow Christ. It’s been about two Sundays and I still have no regrets. Anyway, it’s key to make deposits into your marriage. A marriage is like a refrigerator. Whatever you put in is what you’ll find. We can’t expect to reap when we haven’t sown. My wife and I are working on making several commitments:
1. Daily Commitment/Deposit – What will you and your wife do daily to invest in your marriage? My wife and I pray together daily.
2. Weekly Commitment/Deposit – What will you do once a week in addition to your daily deposits? – From the beginning of our marriage, we made a commitment to have a date night once a week. We recently began holding a weekly bible study and a marital enrichment evening every week. By the way, the bible study and marital enrichment are on two seperate nights. Some couples wait a whole year to go to a marriage conference or seminar. We decided to pop in some DVD’s and have one every week.
3. Monthly Commitment/Deposits – What can you do once a month to pour into your marriage? We’re still working on this one. 🙂 We’ve been talking and praying about spending more time with other couples. Maybe that can be our monthly commitment. I’ll swing by her and let you guys know :-).
4. Quarterly Commitment/Deposit – We try to have a getaway at least once every season (Fall, Summer, Winter, Spring). My new slogan: Romantic getaways are spiritual.
5. Yearly Commitment/Deposit – What will be that big yearly investment? For us, we take a vacation every year. We’re also planning to attend a marriage conference this year.